Being a part of the strategy team means making the complex, simple. It means adding clarity of thought to everything you do. And above all it means helping create work – that works.
As a Senior Strategist, we’re looking for a level up in experience, authority, and expectations. You’ll be responsible for leading large-scale projects, building long-term client relationships, and helping drive new business.
The role requires a proven and experienced strategic planner with a strong track record in independently leading relationships with senior clients through different types of business challenges and sectors. You’ll also be responsible for upholding strategic standards in the business, as well as supporting management and developing the strategy team.
In short, we’re looking for someone who really knows their onions — a safe pair of hands who also shakes us up a bit. Someone who is hungry and wants to join a fast-growing and ambitious strategy team. Strong karaoke skills are also a plus.
Sound like your kind of thing? Keep on reading, or share this with a friend you think would be the perfect fit.
About the Job
Core client work:
- Be the lead strategist on major projects, and manage the strategic output of key and critical accounts independently
- Offer a deep understanding of the role that strategy plays in inspiring visual and verbal identities, communications and brand assets
- Develop simple but sophisticated strategic thinking and genuine value for clients and their business challenges, even when faced with ambiguity
- Design, commission and manage complex research projects for clients
- Be able to prioritise and manage demanding workflows effectively
- Build rich and long-term working partnerships with clients, where you can positively challenge them to do better and braver work
- Work collaboratively with wider agency teams to help grow the effectiveness and revenue of accounts of all sizes
- Able to accurately cost for strategy work and occasionally wider workstreams too
- Embed effectiveness measurement into every possible project and client relationship
Internal and strategic culture:
New business, marketing and promoting strategy beyond:
- Deputise for the Head of Strategy, where needs be
- Help grow the strategic culture within the agency, and support in the development of strategic skills in others
- Provide day-to-day coordination for the rest of the strategy team, supporting the Head of Strategy
- Where agreed, offer line management for specified junior members of the team
- Positively challenge practice within the agency to promote constant improvement to the strategic offering and service
- Proactively search for new issues, projects, methods and tools never solely relying on standardised models only
- Sell the value of strategy when pitching and in day-to-day work, to help promote our strategic services and build revenue.
- Prepare and draft new business proposals and presentations to an excellent visual and verbal standard.
- Take a leading role in planning and drafting agency awards entries.
- Independently deliver original thought leadership pieces and activity for external marketing.
- Be able to confidently represent the agency in external talks and presentations.
What We're Looking For
Ability to independently design and lead primary research projects, both quant and qual
Confident in data, statistics and analytics
- Strong writing skills. Can write with clarity, focus and creativity
- Ability to create compelling, inspirational and clear creative briefs
- Confident public speaker and presenter
- Can build and structure attractive and engaging digital presentations
- Can juggle their own high-pressure workload, with helping coordinate others too
An existing midweight or heavyweight strategist or planner, with highly proven experience in marketing, brand, communications or digital strategy
- A proven interest and passion for branding, campaigns and design
Those Who Succeed Will Be
Someone who just ‘gets’ strategy and branding.
Lots of people talk a good game, but few really understand what strategy and brand really are. And even fewer can articulate it. We need someone who just understands what it is at their core, so that they can truly advocate it to others
A creative thinker, yet business-minded.
You have to bridge the gap. Between a creative team and a business problem. Between the numbers, and the creative spark that grows from them
You need to get excited about things that most people would find boring. You need to be eager to dive right into any topic, even if just for a few hours or days, and own it
Pragmatic and diplomatic.
We are a service industry. We make things for clients. Without those clients, we're unemployed. So you need to understand that careful commercial diplomacy of client services. The client may not be always right, but they're never wrong
Honest to a fault.
You won't know everything, although it'll often feel like you're expected to. So to fit into the strategy team, we only ask one thing – total honesty. Always
An empathetic listener.
You cannot do this job unless you genuinely understand people. You need the superpower of being able to immediately sit in their shoes, or at least try to. And when you can’t, the ability to shut up and listen
Agile and positive.
Things will get busy. Projects might get tough. You need to be upbeat, high-energy and positively driving forward. Plus be fleet of foot, and able to adapt fast
Strong opinions, but loosely held.
You're not here to just say yes, nor here to only say no. You need to add value, challenge ideas – but also accept that the wiser you are, less you realise you know
Enhanced maternity, paternity & adoption leave (extended full pay & bonus)
33 days annual leave, inclusive of 8 public holidays
Flexible bank holidays (take 4 when it suits you)
Your birthday off
3 extra days at Christmas for a full shutdown
Perkbox (access to lots of freebies & discounts across major retailers and health & wellbeing resources)
Training & development opportunities
Bring your dog to work
- Full-Time position
- Based in Glasgow
- Hybrid Working (2 Together Days / 3 days from home)
- Salary banding is £40,000 - £55,000
- Application deadline: Friday 26th February 2024, 4pm
Want to know more about us, our team, and what it's like to work at MadeBrave? Check out our careers page.